Furnace Services in Winnetka, IL
At Roberts Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., our goal is to help each of our customers find the right heating solutions for their specific home. No Winnetka, IL area homeowner is alike, and no heating system is created equal either. But one system that remains a popular choice, and can work for all homes is the central furnace. And when you need an expert team of NATE-certified technicians to install or service your furnace, you needn’t do anything but give our number a call!
We’ve been serving customers throughout the North Shore for over 40 years. When you need a reliable and efficient heating solution, we have the expertise and training to help. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, working with the best in furnace systems and servicing all heating system types.
For Winnetka furnace services you can rely on, contact our team today!
Your Furnace Installation
There are two common types of furnaces most often seen in Winnetka area homes—electric furnaces and gas furnaces. A common question we get is about which is "better" than the other. The short answer is, it depends!
- Gas Furnaces: This tends to be the more popular option. Natural gas is an affordable fuel type, as gas is plentiful and generates a lot of heat. A downside to gas is that it won’t work for homeowners who don’t have access to a natural gas line. In this case, an electric model would be necessary.
- Electric Furnaces: Electric heating systems have their benefits. First off, they can work for any home in our area, since they operate in any home with an electrical outlet! Plus, even though gas-powered systems are not inherently unsafe, homeowners often choose to go electric due to decreased potential for hazards that could come with gas.
Turn to Us for Professional Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Ask about our Discount Club maintenance program membership. Maintenance allows our HVAC technicians to fully inspect and clean your furnace, make necessary adjustments, and alert you to potential repair needs. Taking care of those repair needs right away prevents them from growing into a full heating system breakdown.
Of course, every furnace needs occasional repairs. We are the team to turn to for not only routine wear and tear, but also retrofit repairs to keep your heater functioning for as long as possible.
It’s important to know the signs that you may be in need of furnace repair, including:
- Noisy Operation: This can be anything from a loose component causing a banging sound, and damaging other parts of your furnace to a cracked heat exchanger creating a clicking noise. If you hear anything unusual or unfamiliar, it’s worth giving us a call.
- Low Heating Power: There may be something wrong with the heat exchanger, or you could even have something like damaged ductwork, allowing heated air to escape into unused portions of the home like your attic or crawlspace.
- Airflow Decline: First, check your furnace air filter. It may simple be clogged and need changing—this should be done every 1-3 months depending on the level of contaminants and the type of filter. If the air filter isn’t to blame for your low airflow, it’s time to reach out to a pro.
If you ever detect a seemingly weird symptom coming from your furnace, the best thing you can do is confide in our heating experts so we can investigate. Please don’t hesitate to reach out!